Monday, May 24, 2010

Time

Have you noticed how time seems to pass quicker as you get older? It used to be that "time flies when you're having fun." Now, it flies even when I'm not having fun. I thought life would be like a wind-up toy -- getting slower and slower. But NOOO....Each day I realize that I didn't do something I was supposed to do. Each week passes and I can't even remember what my time was spent doing. As I sleep less, you'd think I'd get more done, right?! Alas, I manage to waste what extra time I have. In a blink of the eye, my children have grown to be independent thinkers who are becoming pretty self-sufficient. I've spent countless hours nagging and coaxing them to do this or do that, and it's beginning to pay off. But only time will tell if I've had a good enough influence.

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Another meaningful post. It is going by more quickly than I ever imagined. And I don't like it!

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

Time needs to slow down and let us live.