Friday, May 7, 2010

Patience

I acquired this special work of art from a Thunderbirds Indian auction a few years ago. It is a wooden bear that is covered with tiny seed beads set in beeswax. I was drawn to it by the colors and design. When I was told how it was made, I knew I had to have it.

Someone sat and made this, bead by bead. Patience. That is all I could think to myself. An artist for sure but a patient artist.

At times I can be just as patient and work on a time-consuming project but sometimes I just want to be finished with what I am making.

So, are you a patient person?

3 comments:

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

That is so beautiful.

Melissa

Jo Ann said...

Not really for things like that. I am patient with people, I think, but I can't concentrate on a task that requires such a time commitment and precision. Although, I must say, I would like to be.

Marlene said...

NO patience here...for anything :(