Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Goals

We all set goals for ourselves. Some are short-range while others are long-range. I have a calendar which helps me figure out what's going on for the month --I'm very visual. Each Sunday (or Monday if I didn't get to it), I write out my week's schedule. No major goals other than remembering to get to places on time and buying whatever we're low on at home.

My long-range goals are on my "bucket list" which is written in my gratitude journal. Some things have been achieved and are crossed off while other still wait patiently for me to get to them. Some goals are travel-related: visit all 50 states, Australia, Rome, Greece, and Egypt. Some are physical: run a mile and swim a lap. Others are mental: invent something useful and solve Rubik's Cube. I also want to get my children's book published one of these days and try skydiving.

None of my goals are specifically money-oriented but I do need money in order to travel. Maybe I should get moving on inventing something and getting my books published.

But, in general, my daily goal is do something nice for someone. My life goal is to leave this world a little better than when I came in.

1 comment:

Marlene said...

I truly love knowing someone like you! I haven't thought about goals in years, nevermind take time for hobbies or thinking more than a week ahead. I don't even think I like to do anything (for myself). I'm hoping some of you rubs off on me. I tell you that you are totally achieving your life goal!!