Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Liars

Rule #1: Don't lie to me. If you lie to me, it means that you think you won't be caught and/or that I am too stupid to figure it out. I have worked so hard to teach my children that lying is bad, VERY bad. Once you've lied to someone and been discovered, damage has been done. Trust is lost. Your words will no longer mean as much. I have never made a promise I didn't intend to keep. If I know something may cause me not to be able to do something, I let the person know up front. Is that too much to ask for in return? When you've done something bad, own up to it. Don't lie, especially to me or my loved ones.

So, if you are a liar, reconsider being my friend. At some point you will be discovered and I will no longer trust you or believe you. I may forgive you but I will never fully embrace anything you say.

2 comments:

Jo Ann said...

I agree about lying, but I guess I would examine the circumstances too. Nothing totally excuses lying but sometimes there are reasons such as fear of repercussions which color peoples actions. I try to say what I mean and mean what I say and teach the kids to do likewise, but I am sure that I have other reprehensible faults.

Also remember people do change, and repent of their actions. I am glad that you are willing to forgive.

Angel said...

I feel the same way. It's foolish to lie. Like Jo Ann said, lot of times, adults and children lie because of fear. Yes, once you lie to me, my whole perception of you will change.