Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Facebook

When I first joined Facebook, it was to see photos of my nephew. I stayed for a few days and quit, thinking it was a big waste of time. A few weeks later I joined again, for whatever reason (I can't recall now). Since then I have a really fun group of friends who post and interact with me. Those who are lurking get weeded out every few weeks. I don't spend time on the various virtual games because I already spend way too much time on Webkinz (yeah, I share an account with M). Using Facebook helps us have a running conversation without having to all be in the same place at the same time (so hard to meet up nowadays with everyone's busy schedule). I log in each day at various times to see what's going on. In the morning, mid-day, and before I go to bed. Perhaps it's become an addiction. Some people are planning to quit on May 31st in protest to various privacy issues. I don't think I will though. I would feel like my friends are hanging out without me!

5 comments:

Melissa (Melgurl) said...

Facebook reminds me of blogger.com you write about your day and things that are cool to you.

Marlene said...

ROTFL!! It would! I'm glad you're around now :)

Jo Ann said...

I love that you posted this. I was reluctant to join because I felt it was a waste of time. I joined kind of impulsively early one morning last July or so. My daughters were urging me and Eirene wanted me to join too. So, I took the plunge. Putting my opinion out the first few times was hard, but I have gotten better at it. (I don't even mind being called a person that is not worth much as I was yesterday, because I dared to suggest that even criminals have rights)

Mostly, though, I like talking with my friends. I am very, very social and need plenty of interaction. Five children and a husband is not enough, I guess. I love joking with the special people in my life and learning with them. I love the friendships that have been nurtured here that might other wise not have grown, I love keeping in touch with friends far away. I like reconnecting with family and discovering family that I never knew I had. My life is an open book anyway so the privacy issues annoy me but don't frighten me. I, too, will be here with you Betty, chatting and admiring your quiting and crocheting skills.

Homeschooled Kid said...

I told my mom about your webkinz.Your're so cool. I missed you today.

With lot of LOLs,
Chloe

mom of 3 said...

hahaha I spend time on Webkinz too for the girls.. F goes on by himself.. maybe he and M can be friends on it :)