Thursday, April 29, 2010

What's For Dinner?


Almost every day I get the same question "What's for dinner?" The children know they had better not ask me before 5 pm because that's when I usually start thinking about it.

Those who know me know how much I disdain cooking. In order to make a meal, I have to first know what I'm making. Then I have to get all the ingredients from the stores or find it in the kitchen. I must prep the stuff before cooking (wish we could go raw) -- washing, peeling, chopping, etc. After all the cooking is done, the worse part -- cleaning up -- pots and pans, spatulas, knife, cutting board, counter, stove, and sink! No, the worse part is when no one wants to even try what I spent my precious time making.

I like it when they eat up everything because it means they enjoyed it. But I also resent the fact that what took me hours to put together is gone in half an hour.

It's true -- I am hard to please.

Unless you are treating me to dinner, don't ask me "What's for dinner?"

4 comments:

Angel said...

You are hard to please. :) I try to grill more in the summer. Less clean up.

Anonymous said...

You tell 'em B! LOL. I hate feeling forced to cook. UGH

Unknown said...

Grilling is even worse -- I've got to scrape the grill clean, light the charcoals and wait for them to turn gray before grilling. Way worse. Grilling on the stovetop is OK but the cast iron grill is a bit heavy for me to deal with due to shoulder injury. Don't assume that I have a gas grill or helpful husband.

MGF said...

man this is boring for a kid!!!!!!