Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Healthy or Not

Why is it that some people can be healthy while others are prone to medical issues? Unfortunately, I fall in the second group.

The past few months have been difficult due to my left shoulder injury. Pain and lack of mobility. Most of all, lack of sleep. I never did sleep very much. But, having only two or three hours in a row before I had to get ice to numb the pain was just not enough. I am now getting about five hours before the pain is too much. My motto has always been "Quality over quantity" but I haven't been getting either.

Then the last two weeks were plagued by a breast cancer scare. I was on an emotional roller-coaster, not knowing whether to worry or not about a "cyst with debris." Finally got the "don't worry" last Tuesday from the breast surgeon, so I will deal with it all again in six months. That's also when I get to see my primary care again, get my thyroid ultrasound again, see my ob-gyn again, and hopefully, be done with physical therapy and shoulder pain. Last week also brought back fears of needing a colonoscopy, again.

I had a checkup yesterday. Hopefully, I won't hear bad news after the tests come back. My doctor has already forbidden me to eat anything that tastes good. I can obey doctor's order or enjoy life. What a dilemma!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately life sucks sometimes. But I am sure you will get through this trying time stronger than you already are.

Unknown said...

You look like you are radiating health. It must be the mental attitude. I am sure you will overcome even the food restrictions. Challenge yourself to find healthy alternatives to tasty but bad for you food.

Angel said...

And here I am giving you sparerib recipes. Such a bad influence. I'll have to try to pass along more chicken and vegetable recipes.

Melissa (Melgurl) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa (Melgurl) said...

I hope you feel better.

P.S please become a follower of my blog


Melissa/Melgurl

MGF said...

lady do not get hurt again for me to "heal" you. lol