Friday, April 30, 2010

Subways & Buses



Pros and cons of using the NYC MTA.
Pros:
Go as far as you want with a free transfer between bus and subway for one fare.
Runs all day and night.
MTA Trip Planner gives door-to-door timetable and route planning.
See and hear all kinds of musicians performing.
Don't have to look for parking when you reach your destination.
Relatively clean.

Cons:
Extremely hot in the stations during the hot and humid summer days.
No idea what is being said on the loudspeakers.
No idea when the train will come while waiting on the platform.
No idea when the train will move when stuck in a tunnel.
Panhandlers, weirdos, and smelly homeless people.
Rush hour crowding.
No cellphone/internet reception.
Seeing rodents running around on the tracks and, worse, up the stairs.
Not truly handicap-friendly.
Long waits for two or three buses coming all together.

Now off to use the bus (if we catch one) and subways today.

5 comments:

Angel said...

One more pro. I used to like reading on the trains. I found the whole process relaxing and it's one of the best deals in NYC.

MGF said...

wow Betty I am with you.

Jo Ann said...

I kind of think the rats playing is a pro. I like watching wildlife in New York. My kids always make a point of looking for the rats, so we can squeal in disgust.

Jo Ann

Unknown said...

I agree. The rats are a con.

Marlene said...

Rats are a CON! Waiting around for a bus is not fun at all, I think the trains are a little more regular than the buses.